Full-time · $33,000 – $50,000 / year
• Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
• Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
• Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 2 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail